Monday, December 8, 2014

Birthday #60

Tomorrow is my birthday.  It will be a long day beginning with a pdoc visit at 9:30am and then therapy at 12noon.  We're going out to eat out with some good friends.  Chinese, my favorite. 


December birthday's stink.  I'm always set aside because of Christmas and the busy store.  Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for our business - but also insanely jealous.  When can I come before it?


For Albert's 30, 40, and 50 birthdays I had lavish parties.  I didn't on his 60th.  It just didn't seem fair and it was a lot of trouble.  I suppose it was a subtle pay-back time.  I don't think he even cared.


He has never had a party for me.  He will send flowers and give me another lovely piece of jewelry.  But no party.


Maybe I'm being a baby about all of this.  Maybe because the last birthday party I ever had was when I was a small child.  I don't remember it so maybe it doesn't even count.


Damn, I hate December birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment